Join the Fresh Takes Faculty!
We love hearing from passionate Professionals, Teaching Artists & Contract Instructors who are interested in joining our highly skilled Faculty. If you have an idea for a course or workshop in adult or youth within the spectrum of filmmaking, digital media, and audio production, please let us know.
Visit our Contact Form and provide your name, contact information, and a brief description of the course you would like to offer. Please include in the course description the time frame for the workshop or course. I.E. whether it is a one time workshop, weekend class, weekly ongoing and so forth. Also include a clear list of the skills taught and if the course will have a final product or is process based.
If you have any questions and would like more information or clarification please call (650) 298-9172 or email Sagesse, Director of Programming & Instruction.
Join the Fresh Takes Internship Team!
This is an exciting time at Fresh Takes. We are poised for much growth as we enter the New Year. To support this growth Fresh Takes is looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of expanding a valuable community asset and resource.
To Apply to any of the below positions please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2221 Broadway St, Redwood City CA 94063. If you have any questions please call Sagesse at (650) 298-9172
Public Relations/Social Media Intern
Fresh Takes is searching for an organized, enthusiastic, and motivated Public Relations/Social Media intern who is detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills and able to conduct himself or herself in a professional manner in person, on the phone, and in writing. Preferred candidates are also willing to take initiative on social networking (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), program outreach, writing projects, and more.
- Work with Fresh Takes staff to design and implement a social media strategy
- Strengthen Fresh Takes online presence by researching search engine optimization marketing integration.
- Set up social media accounts and maintain daily activity
- Help maintain website by monitoring and updating content
- Coordinate the marketing calendar with online activity
- Produce short videos that highlight different programs, events, and opportunities to post onto social media sites
- Research potential clients and program participants and their online presence along with the best way to go about reaching them via social media albeit, websites, list serves, groups, and so
- General office assistance and other tasks as needed
- Minimum 10 hours a week. Schedule is negotiable.
- Must possess a solid understanding of social media platforms, including YouTube, Twitter, Flckr, Digg, Instagram, FB, blogs and so on
- Strong communication/phone and writing skills
- Strong networking/organizational/research skills
- Interest in youth empowerment, civic engagement, community activism, equal access to technology
- A responsible work ethic
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
- Familiarity with GoogleDocs, WordPress, Word, Excel
- Currently studied or have worked in marketing, public relations, advertising or related field
- Some experience in Video/Audio production is preferred but not required
- Friendly and outgoing personality
Film Festival Co-Coordinator
The Film Festival Co-Coordinator will work with the Fresh Takes staff on various program, administrative and production tasks for the 1st annual Fresh Takes Youth Film Festival scheduled to take place in October of 2013 (dates tbd). Duties comprise of overseeing the timely delivery of promotional materials and implementing a marketing strategy; working with various team members to create, update and maintain Festival production flowcharts; managing editorial and production of the Festival Program, Website, and Calendar. The Coordinator will also assist with composing content for printed and online Festival editorial and promotional materials; and is expected to be a part of the Festival’s core organizing team. They will play a significant role in shaping and presenting the 1st annual Fresh Takes Youth Film Festival. The Festival Program Co-Coordinator will report to the Executive/Festival Director of Fresh Takes.
- Minimum 10 hours a week Jan – July, minimum 20 hours/week August – October
- Work with Festival Director to create categories for film entries and over-arching theme for the festival
- Research and develop networks for reaching out to young filmmakers, their teachers, mentors and community organizations
- Assist in the design and implementation of an Expo that happens alongside the festival featuring diverse vendors who represent different aspects of the filmmaking, the media arts production industry and technology.
- Reach out and solicit vendors from Educational Institutions, Technology Companies, Post production facilities and so on.
- Work with the Festival Director to:
a) coordinate inflow of press and promotional materials of invited Festival artists, scheduling, and confirmation of guests
b) devise Festival Week production flowchart encompassing screening times, hosting assignments, volunteer and personnel assignments, equipment delivery/pick-up, etc., in coordination with the Festival Volunteer and Technical Coordinators
c) assist with assembling and updating Festival production workbook containing flowcharts and schedules
- Work with the Festival Director to coordinate all components of Festival calendar and catalog production, including managing content (copy and artwork), participate in editing & proofing process, assist in production and prepress stages
- Assist in composing stories and capsule synopses for print and online delivery to potential festival audiences
- Develop effective marketing strategies for building festival attendance
- Help solicit festival sponsors and maintain ongoing sustainable relationships with them.
- Develop sponsorship tiers and all outreach material
- Coordinate administration of Film Festival audience awards
- Potentially introduce select screenings and moderate Q&A discussions
- Complete post-Festival activities: evaluation, manual, and appreciation letters.
- Other related duties and activities, to be determined in collaboration with the Festival Executive Producer
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Knowledge of (and interest in) youth cinema a must
- Excellent technical and analytical written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail; strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multi-task under deadline
- Background in Event Planning & Management preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Macintosh-based graphics programs preferred: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel
- Proficiency with (or a willingness to learn) iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro for Macintosh is desired
- Ability to work with (and learn from) diverse ethnic communities and individual personalities
Grant writing & Fundraising
Under general direction, this person facilitate research, development, review and editing of departmental and/or institutional grant proposals. They will conduct basic research for potential funding sources and maintain databases, supporting staff in developing proposals.
- Develop a diversified network of funding organizations and document it through the creation of a spreadsheet database
- Facilitate, review, and edit grant proposals; conduct library and electronic research; compile data; inputs and retrieves data via computer
- Conducts research on potential funding sources; maintains contact with external agencies
- Work closely with staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals
- Maintains funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of federal grant guidelines
- Writing and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relation’s skills
- Ability to listen and develop information into grant proposals
- Ability to codify ideas into coherently written text
- Ability to work collaboratively with Fresh Takes Staff
- Ability to operate personal computer, with various software programs
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail, maintain accurate records, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Communications and Development
This position assists the Director of Programming and Instruction in promoting the mission of Fresh Takes Media Arts Center. Key responsibilities include: promoting workshops and fundraising events online and offline; drafting press releases; creating flyers, brochures and other promotional materials; updating and maintaining outreach lists; coordinating mailings; and acknowledging in-kind and monetary donations, and assisting with member recruitment and audience development efforts.
- Promote Workshops, Programs, Events, and Services online and offline in collaboration with the PR/Social Media Intern
- Draft press releases, printed marketing material and other promotional items
- Update and maintain outreach lists
- Coordinate mailings
- Assist with member recruitment and audience development efforts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 10 hours a week is required.
- Detail Oriented
- Experience using Photoshop, InDesign and other multi-media applications
- Experience or willingness to learn FCP Studio
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with potential members, donors and the general public
- Some experience in program administration, coordination and creation preferred.