Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Class participants will learn basic 3-d modeling, shading, movement and much more. By the end of the course students will have created a robot with basic motion.Time: Wednesdays, January 15th – March 19th, 2014 Lab Time starts at 3pm – come in early to work on your project independently. Instructor: Gerardo Valencia Ages 11 – 19 Cost: $75
From the recording studio to shooting on location, the art of music videos paves the way to endless possibilities of individual and group creativity. Ever since the 1980′s music videos have been an outlet of creative artistic expression from the collaboration of musicians and filmmakers coming together to make one piece of artwork. With the creation of a music video workshop “Music Video 101” the youth will be empowered through both music and video production.Fall Dates: September 24th – Dec. 17th, 2013 Time: Fridays, 4-5:30pm (5:30-6pm – Lab Time) Instructor: Austin Valencia Ages 13 – 19 Cost: $225 (no one is turned away for lack of funds. Scholarships are available.)
Become a DSLR rockstar, the camera is your brush and the world your canvas. Learn how to skew reality for better or worse, making a scene all your own but at the same time manifesting a piece of art others may relate with. Whether you have been taking photos your entire life but have never learned technique and specifics or you have always wanted to learn about cameras, this course will provide a foundation filled so tightly that any situation will become an opportunity for you and your camera.
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Zoom, Basic Functions of the Camera, Rule of Thirds
- Depth of Field, Everything Focus, Camera Integrity Awareness (is this a nice camera?)
- Storytelling through Photos, Emotional Portrayal in Photos
- All about Shots
- Photoshop Basics
- High Dynamic Range, Landscape Photography
- Advanced Photoshop, Graphic Art
- Produce a Portfolio with 8 weeks of Photography
After Effects 101
Throughout this course you will progress from having the skills of a grandfather in video editing (some grandpas are great video editors) to the the whole nine yards of After Effects. After Effects is a language, and just like one may not expect to be able to teach themselves how to use the subjunctive tense in Spanish, after having no experience speaking Spanish, doing an advanced composition in After Effects requires knowledge of the basics. The interface may look a bit threatening at first glance, but with the help of a few classes you’ll have it down and your friends flying behind a green screen in no time.
- Introduction—What is after effects? What kind of program is it? Learn after effects as a language.
- Effects—Learn how to add effects in After Effects such as particle animation, color correction, and much more.
- Animation—Learn how to animate, set up a 3-D rig, make a virtual camera, animate flash objects with motion tweening.
- Keying and Transparency—How to key (take out) a green screen on footage. Learn trash mattes.
- Time Remapping—Alter time and it’s flow. Learn twixtor and boujou to slow footage down to 10,000 frames per second.
- 3D Integration—Learn how to add integrate 3D comps from blender or other advanced animation into compositions in after effects (Include Jerry in class)
- Titles—All about how to make bad-a** titles. Use 3D animation software such as Maya to create advanced text animation.
- Motion Tracking—Learn how to stabilize and add elements into your shaky video clip and make objects exist realistically in the space of your footage.
GEM – Girls engaged in Making Media
In collaboration with Girls to Women, Fresh Takes is offerring an all girls program scheduled to start in September 2013. GEM lasts 12 weeks and includes one weekly workshop and two Saturday intensives. The workshops take place on site at Girls to Woman in East Palo Alto with two field trips to the Fresh Takes Media Center in Redwood City. Through inter-disciplinary experiential learning activities, graphic design, online publication, and video production, workshop participants will create powerful PSA (public service announcements) and Internet memes that deal with issues of identity, beauty, self esteem, confidence and youth empowerment.
Start Date: September 13th, 2013 | Stay tuned for more updates on this program! If you are interested in enrolling please contact Joanna León email@example.com
Learn the fundamentals of video game development and practice the creation of content for games and game design with programs like GameMaker, GameSalad, Unity3D. Students will also be introduced to digital painting, principles of animation and 3D Modeling.Time: Oct. 2nd – Nov. 20th (no class on the 27th) Wednesdays, 4-5 (session I) 5-6 (session II) Instructor: Greg Orduyan Ages 8+ Cost: $160 To Register Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you love to watch movies? Do you love to make them? Do you want to know the in’s and out’s of video production? On average the American Teen is exposed to over 3,000 media messages a day. Why not start creating your own. This year long program provides you with the skills, hands on knowledge and gear to create media that matters to you, your peers, your family and community at large. Participants create short films in all four categories of filmmaking; Narrative, Documentary, Experimental and Animation. Currently there are only 3 spots left in the crew. If you are interested please email email@example.com or call 650-298-9172. Last day to enroll is 9/13/13Time: Thursdays, 4-6pm Instructor: Sagesse Graham Ages 13 – 19 Cost: FREE!